“The choices you make now can affect the rest of your life, so it is important that they are the right ones.”
You are about to transfer into 6th form and the decisions you make now will help shape your future. This information booklet is aimed at helping you make an informed choice about the subjects available for continued study at CBS Glen Road. We would encourage you to take time to consider your options, to speak to your teachers and parents as making the correct choices at this stage is vital.
The school offers a range of topics all of which are taught by a dedicated specialist staff. The A’ level and BTEC courses on our curriculum are both challenging and relevant to our pupils and their future needs. All of the courses on offer will give you an opportunity to progress to third level education and our staff will be on hand throughout your time in sixth form to give you guidance on future educational or careers choices.
If you or your parents require further clarification please do not hesitate to contact any member of the schools senior management at a time suitable to all concerned. Think carefully about your future plans and work hard to achieve your goals. We look forward to seeing you next year. Good luck.
Mr T.Armstrong (Principal)
Objectives and Expectations
• To strive for academic achievement for the pupil and the school
• To promote excellence
• For parents to work with the school towards our goals
• For pupils to take and show responsibility
• To promote a culture of pupil leadership within sixth form
• To create a positive working environment for student and teacher
• To give our pupils the opportunity to study in a range of settings both in and out of school and at an international level.
• To promote a Catholic/Christian Brothers’ ethos within the school
• To provide opportunities to succeed for all our pupils.
At CBS School we try to combine a balance between study and relaxation…
Sixth Form Provisions
• A committed staff delivering the highest quality teaching
• Small class sizes aimed at maximising pupil/teacher contact time
• A positive working environment
• Continuous assessment of pupil progress
• State of the art IT facilities including exclusive sixth form access to resources
• Wireless access points throughout the school for laptop use
• Personal career/education guidance tailored to individual needs
• A sixth form library and exclusive access to subject specific periodicals
• A dedicated study area for sixth form students
• Direct parental contact from and to a sixth form Tutor/Careers mentor
• Access to modern departmental resources